Owner - Puritan Mining Company later owned by the Oliver Mining Company, a division of U.S. Steel
The Puritan Iron Mine (also known as the Ruby Mine) operations took place from 1886 to 1941. Mine operations consisted of underground workings. There was one known shaft. Subsurface depth reached a maximum of 771 meters (2,530 feet). The ore mined was composed of iron and hematite.