Geneva Mine (Geneva-Davis Mine)
This mine site was first discovered in 1848 by A. Randall. Past operations took place from 1887 to Jan 1965. Production size when active was considered to be medium. Mine operations consist of underground workings. There is one known shaft. Subsurface depth reaches a maximum of 960 meters (3,150 feet). The ore mined was composed of goethite and hematite.
The Geneva-Davis later consolidated with the Bonnie-Newport mine to ship under the name of Geneva-Newport from 1961 – 1966. Genevea mine closed for good in January 1965.